Suicide Prevention Conference Features Former Gov. Codey and Inspirational Individuals with Stories of Success
The New Jersey Association of Mental Health and Addiction Agencies, Inc. and Attitudes In Reverse® are pleased to prevent their Fifth Annual National Suicide Prevention Day Conference, Back to School: Finding Strength from the Start
September 15, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Co-Sponsored and Hosted by Carrier Clinic
252 County Route 601, Belle Mead, NJ 08502
Program Highlights Include:
- Keynote Presentation by The Honorable Richard Codey, Former Governor, New Jersey State Senator (D-27th District)
- Creative Inspiration for Overcoming Mental Health Struggles: Nick LeDonne, Independent, Award-Winning Animator
- Mindfulness for the Middle Schooler™: Kurtis Baker, YMHFA, CFP®, and Tricia Baker, YMHFA, CPDT-KA, Co-Founders of AIR, will share highlights of this program and examples of its effectiveness.
- The Value of the Mindfulness for the Middle Schooler Presentation: Jason Burr, Principal of John Witherspoon Middle School in Princeton, and Jennifer Walters Counselor, John Witherspoon Middle School and Member, AIR Board of Trustees, will share their perspectives on this educational presentation.
- Inspiration from the Experience of a Youth and Parent, Advice from their Perspectives: Raoul and August Rosenberg
- Insights Gained from Being Bullied and its Impact on Mental Health: Bryan Bradshaw, Author of Accomplish Anything: Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be and Live the Life of Your Dreams, Founder of the Bradshaw Training Group
Who Should Attend: Everyone who has or works with youth! Faculty and staff of middle schools, high schools and colleges; Providers of medical care, mental health care and substance use treatment; Legislators and their staff; Policymakers in the Department of Children and Families, Department of Human Services, Department of Health and Department of Education; Parents
Location of Event
Use this map to find directions to this location.